Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Penne Alla Bacardi.....Lol Wednesday, December 8th 2010



It is in my view that for the FIRST TIME making this dish I did EXTREMELY well. If I had to grade myself it would be an 8 out of 10 (and that's not because I did the grading). I didn't have Vodka so I had to improvise and use Bacardi, and to me it came out just as good. Seeing that this was my first "Challenge" I was a bit nervous. Nervous for 2 main reasons, one, because I didn't practice this recipe before, the other reason was because, one of my harshest critics would be critiquing my food today (Critic that wasn't an invitation to bash me eh....lol). After a few minutes in front the stove though, I got back quite comfortable. As you will notice, I substituted the fresh Basil for Shadow Benie (Bandanya), that's my Trinidadian twist on it. So with that said, my Critic would comment on this post and give a number grade on my "Penne Alla Bacardi" and also add a few words of her own. P.S If you try this recipe please comment and tell me what you thought of it. Thanks..........PickyEaters

Recipe

1/2 pound penne rigate pasta
cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons shadow benie
1 cup Bacardi or Vodka
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon minced shallots
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Half pint heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese

Method
-Boil pasta according to package instructions
-Sautee Shallotts (with Oil and Butter) on medium heat for 2 minutes (make sure and don't burn it)
-Add Alcohol and let cook for 2 minutes
-Add Tomato Sauce and Shadow Benie and Stir
-Add Heavy Cream, Parmesan Cheese Salt and Sugar then taste
-Once the sauce is to your liking, add pasta and toss 
-Garnish with minced Shadow Benie and Parmesan Cheese. 

Serves 3-4


 These are just a few of the ingredients that I used minus the Oregano (Didn't bother to use it again). Sorry for the poor quality pics I took them with my phone....










Finished product topped with Parmesan Cheese...............

3 comments:

  1. This looks good, Im going to make it one day, pasta dishes are my specialty, and I make a meannnn rasta pasta!!!! ask about me lol, the recipe is very similar for rasta pasta, you should try making that one day!!!9if you haven't already)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! I will defintely be trying it..love penne in vodka sauce!! I'm not a Barcardi fan, so I'll stick to the Vodka..lol..next time try it with whole grain pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! You should post more.

    ReplyDelete